Why do I need to transfer my domain?
Even though our servers and systems are very reliable and hardly ever have issues, as with everything technical, we can never predict when issues may occur. However, we can monitor and ensure that if your site is about to go down we are able to seamlessly switch it to any of our backup environments without needing to contact you for anything.
Our preferred DNS service provider is GoDaddy
Will it cost me more?
There are no specific cost associated with domain transfer. Any cost would have been highlighted in the details of the package you are on
How Do I Transfer My Dstore / domain on Dropstore?
Transferring domains to GoDaddy with Dropstore is simple.
Step 1: Go to https://za.godaddy.com/domains/domain-transfer
Step 2: Enter domain to transfer and click search
Step 3: If you see this window follow the next steps to transfer to our account (click on transfer to another account);
If your domain is with another provider other than Godaddy you will see this below window (continue with step 4 if your domain is with Godaddy):
You will then need to go to your provider account settings and unlock the domain, and then click on continue.
- Unlock the domain name you’d like to transfer with your current registrar
- Get an authorization (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) from your current registrar. This isn’t necessary in all cases, such as when transferring country-code domain (ccTLDs). If the authorization code isn't shown in your account manager, ask your current registrar to email them to you (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Verify contact information on your domain name. The administrator's contact information may be used by your current registrar during the transfer process.
You can transfer up to 500 of your domains to GoDaddy at once using the bulk domain transfer tool. If the extension you’d like to transfer isn’t listed, you can’t transfer that domain name to us.
Please note there are special instructions for transferring country-code domains to GoDaddy.
This below window will then pop up but you will not be required to pay anything for now
Thereafter create an account with Godaddy and proceed with the next steps.
Step 4: You will then see the below window (fill in the required information – email address to transfer to is email@example.com)
Step 5: You will then see the below window (email us to inform us that you have completed the process so that we accept your domain to our account)
Please note that the transfer process takes 5-7 days to complete, sometimes sooner than this.
Can I check the progress of my domain transfers?
Absolutely. Track the progress of your transfers by following these steps:
- Log in to your GoDaddy Transfers Page.
- Select Transfers In if the domain is moving to your account. Or, select Transfers Out if the domain is moving from your account.
- Select the different tabs to review the details for domains in a particular status. Or, search for your domain in the search bar.
- Some statuses require you to take action, and that'll show next to the domain. Check out our guide on domain statuses to help you move forward with your transfer.
You'll see confirmation that your changes have been accepted. Domain transfers usually take 5 to 7 days to complete.